Dr. James Rector has been a board certified orthopedic surgeon for over 30 years. He is one of the first surgeons in the United States to perform state-of-the-art hip resurfacing. As a physician and team doctor, Dr. James B Rector, MD has a special interest in arthroscopic knee surgery. He has extensive training and experience in total hip and total knee replacement surgery.
- Arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery
- Total hip replacement surgery
- Total knee replacement surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Team Physician for Boulder High School since 1980
- Proud Sponsor of the Boulder Bicycle Classic
- Numerous community informational seminars about total joint replacement and arthritis in Boulder, CO and surrounding areas
Distinctions and Recognition
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Boulder County Medical Society
- Colorado Medical Society
- Medical Degree from the Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Internship at the Ohio State University Hospital
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver.
Dr. Rector enjoys bicycling, skiing, trap shooting, fly fishing, and participating in softball.